Gevalia
Search & Win

Friday, January 1, 2010

So, here's a challenge that interests me. Using items from my pantry, freezer, and refrigerator this month and minimizing trips to the grocery store. Can I do this? I'm sure going to try!

This challenge is from Money Saving Mom and Life as a Mom.

Here are some of my goals:

  1. Only hit the grocery store once a week. Normally I go 2-3 times a week which is bad, bad, bad for the wallet.
  2. Spend $100 the entire month on groceries. Milk, cheese, and produce are things we need. Eggs will be easy since the turkey is laying right now and she's producing some beautiful ones!
  3. Make our own baby food. Our daughter is pretty much eating adult food, but she still enjoys a bit of pureed food with oatmeal in it. So, I'll be stocking up on apples, sweet potatoes, and other produce to cook up and blend for her.
All I have to say is if we can get by spending only $100 this month for groceries, it will be great! That could put an extra $200 in savings this month!

Today we are starting with a curry coconut chicken recipe that was shared by my sister-in-law. It's in French so I'll have to sit down to translate it. I'll also be making some Spicy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies from Allrecipes.

0 comments: