Gevalia
Search & Win

Wednesday, December 2, 2009


First things first - get your coupons for Philadelphia Cream Cheese here.

So, I'm making a cheesecake for a co-worker's belated birthday. This is the second one I have made in the past couple of months. That's a lot of cheesecakes (and baking) for me. I decided I should search for some tips on how to make the "perfect" cheesecake.

Some of the things I found:

  • Make sure your cold ingredients (eggs, cream cheese, etc.) have been brought to room temperature before mixing the cheesecake filling.
  • Don't skip on the fat content. Use full fat cream cheese and sour cream, not that light stuff! Of course, my last cheesecake was made with that Neufa(unpronouncable named) cheese.
  • Beat the cream cheese by itself before adding other ingredients.
  • Don't overmix. This will introduce too much air into the batter.
  • Cook slowly at a low temperature.
  • Cool slowly in a draft free area.
  • Most importantly, DON'T PEEK! Unless you just look through the oven window, that is.
If you have tips for your perfect cheesecake, please comment!

0 comments: